Fler böcker inom
- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Gardiner, Harry / Kosmitzki, Corinne
- 276 x 215 x 11 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 694 g
Du kanske gillar
We Were Liars
The Heartstopper Collection Volumes 1-3
Alice OsemanMixed media product
Lives Across Cultures: Cross-Cultural Human Development
Pearson New International Edition843
Finns även som
- Fåtal ex i lager. Skickas inom 1-2 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Interdisciplinary exploration of cross-cultural human development throughout the lifespan.
Laddas ned direkt686
Presented in a chronological-within-topics approach, covering the entire lifespan, this text focuses on cultural similarities and differences in human development throughout the world while emphasizing links among theory, research and practical applications. Combining the latest research with vignettes, stories, and personal experiences in their highly-praised, scholarly, yet engaging conversational and frequently humorous writing style, the authors make the study of similarities and differences an exciting experience.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Understanding the Life Course - Sociological an... av L Green (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1107 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- A revised structure placing each chapter within the ecological context and making greater use of opening vignettes by integrating and discussing them frequently within chapters.
- A reorganized table of contents providing a smoother and more logical transition among topics and chapters.
- Placement of questions throughout each chapter allowing readers to pause and reflect on important issues and how the information applies to their own lives and to others with whom they are in contact.
- Deletion of chapter on Cultural Aspects of Physical Growth and Development with portions moved to other relevant chapters.
- The text has been completely updated with the addition of several new topics and the inclusion of the latest in research findings and references.
- New photographs, boxed material, and suggestions for further readings.
- Chapter 1 includes clarification of the emic-etic distinction, individualism-collectivism, and additional information on the Human Genome project.
- Chapter 2 adds expanded coverage of major theories with discussions of the strengths and limitations of each, along with additional real-life examples in support of theories.
- Chapter 3 contains new information on the crucial topic of socialization.
- Chapter 4 includes new sections on cultural images of aging, gay relationships, and an expanded discussion of the changing context of families.
- Chapter 5 includes cross-cultural comparisons of second language learning as well as results from recent studies of dyslexia providing insights into the relationships between cognition and language; new material on reasoning and decision making in adulthood including controversies surrounding cognitive aging.
- Chapter 6 has been substantially revised to focus greater attention on environmental and genetic influences on temperament and personality development, cultural influences on identity formation, changes in personality during later adulthood and a new section on the aging self.
- Chapter 7 focuses greater attention on early social relationships within the ecological context and their contribution to later social behavior, the expanding role of individualism and collectivism, introduction to the critical issue of bullying in childhood and cross-cultural differences, and a discussion of attachment, social support, and well being in later adulthood.
- Chapter 8 is devoted to culture and issues of gender and sexuality with an expanded discussion of theoretical perspectives, new material on sex preference and its influence on behavior across the l...