- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- 278 x 217 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1710 g
Du kanske gillar
Conceptual Physics, Global Edition
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt574
Since defining this course 30 years ago, Paul Hewitts best-selling text continues as the benchmark by which all others are judged. In Conceptual Physics Twelfth Edition Paul Hewitt makes physics interesting, understandable, and relevant for non-science majors. The Twelfth Edition will delight students with informative and fun Hewitt-Drew-It screencasts, updated content and applications.
Hewitts text is guided by the principle of "concepts before calculations" and is famous for engaging students with analogies and imagery from the real-world that build a strong conceptual understanding of physical principles ranging from classical mechanics to modern physics.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experiencefor you and your students.
- Prepare for lecture: NEW! 100 Hewitt-Drew-It screencasts, authored and narrated by Paul Hewitt, explain physics concepts through animation and narration. The exciting new Screencasts, accessed through QR codes in the textbook, will enable students to engage with the physics concepts more actively outside of class.
- Make physics delightful: Relevant and accessible narrative, analogies from real-world situations, and simple representations of the underlying mathematical relationships make physics more appealing to students.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Conceptual Physics Fundamentals: Pearson New In... av Paul G Hewitt (mixed media product).Köp båda 2 för 1381 kr
Fler böcker av Paul G Hewitt
Bloggat om Conceptual Physics, Global Edition
Paul G. Hewitt Former silver-medal boxing champion, sign painter, uranium prospector, and soldier, Paul began college at the age of 27, with the help of the GI Bill. He pioneered the conceptual approach to teaching physics at the City College of San Francisco. He has taught as a guest teacher at various middle schools and high schools, the University of California at both the Berkeley and Santa Cruz campuses, and the University of Hawaii at both the Manoa and Hilo campuses. He also taught for 20 years at the Exploratorium in San Francisco, which honored him with its Outstanding Educator Award in 2000. He is the author of Conceptual Physics and a co-author of Conceptual Physical Science and Conceptual Physical Science Explorations (with John Suchocki and Leslie Hewitt).
1. About Science
2. Newtons First Law of Motion: Inertia
3. Linear Motion
4. Newtons Second Law of Motion: Force and Acceleration
5. Newtons Third Law of Motion: Action and Reaction
8. Rotational Motion
10. Projectile and Satellite Motion
II. PROPERTIES OF MATTER
11. Atomic Nature of Matter
14. Gases and Plasmas
15. Temperature, Heat and Expansion
16. Heat Transfer
17. Change of Phase
19. Vibrations and Waves
21. Musical Sounds
V. ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM
23. Electric Current
25. Electromagnetic Induction
26. Properties of Light
28. Reflection and Refraction
29. Light Waves
30. Light Emission
31. Light Quanta
VII. ATOMIC AND NUCLEAR PHYSICS
32. The Atom and the Quantum
33. Atomic Nucleus and Radioactivity
34. Nuclear Fission and Fusion
35. Special Theory of Relativity
36. General Theory of Relativity
A. Systems of Measurement
B. More About Motion
D. More About Vectors
E. Exponential Growth and Doubling Time