- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- 276 x 218 x 23 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1470 g
Du kanske gillar
Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography, Global Edition
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Laddas ned direkt569
Among the most highly regarded in physical geography, Robert Christophersons bestselling texts are known for their meticulous attention to detail, currency, accuracy, and rich integration of climate change science. Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography, Ninth Edition is uniquely organized to present Earth systems topics as they naturally occur: atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and biosphere. This interconnected and organic systems-based approach is highlighted in the strong pedagogical tools, structured learning path, and up-to-date information found in the text. This new edition presents bold new features that cultivate an active learning environment both in and outside the classroom.
The Ninth Edition can be made available with MasteringGeography , the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringGeography does not come packaged with this content. MasteringGeography is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
MasteringGeography will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for your students. Heres how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringGeography: MasteringGeography provides students with engaging and interactive experiences that coach them through introductory physical geography with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Leverage strong pedagogical tools and a structured active learning path: The text reinforces central hallmark physical geography themes of Earth systems, human-Earth relations, and global climate change by providing a consistent framework for mastering chapter concepts.
- Teach with current and relevant content. An emphasis on currency provides students with compelling reasons for learning physical geography.
huffa, 12 november 2015
Hela index (registret) är feltryckt, det diffar på +- 2 sidor. Därav svårt att slå upp saker. Tunna sidor och starkt nordamerikanskt perspektiv. Rekommenderar Steven Marshak's Earth: portrait of a planet istället.
Fler böcker av Robert Christopherson
The Virtuous Vice
Siamack Shojai, Robert Christopherson
Globalization is both a virtue and a vice. On balance it is beneficial to individuals, communities, nations, and the world economy. It facilitates the movement of goods and services, people, financial capital, and ideas. Overall, it creates wealth...
Bloggat om Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical G...
Table of Contents:
1. Essentials of Geography
The Energy-Atmosphere System
2. Solar Energy to Earth and the Seasons
3. Earths Modern Atmosphere
4. Atmosphere and Surface Energy Balances
5. Global Temperatures
6. Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulations
The Water, Weather, and Climate Systems
7. Water and Atmospheric Moisture
9. Water Resources
10. Global Climate Systems
11. Global Climate Change
The Earth-Atmosphere Interface
12. The Dynamic Planet
13. Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanism
14. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement
15. River Systems
16. Oceans, Coastal Systems, and Wind Processes
17. Glacial and Periglacial Landscapes
Soils, Ecosystems, and Biomes
18. The Geography of Soils
19. Ecosystem Essentials
20. Terrestrial Biomes
Appendix A Maps in this Text and Topographic Maps
Appendix B The Koppen Climate Classification System
Appendix C Common Conversions