- Online resource
- Martinko, John M. / Bender, Kelly S. / Buckley, Daniel H. / Stahl, David A.
- Antal komponenter
- Online resource (2)
Du kanske gillar
Brock Biology of Microorganisms OLP with eText, Global Edition
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Helping Todays Students Learn Microbiology
The authoritative #1 textbook for introductory majors microbiology, Brock Biology of Microorganisms continues to set the standard for impeccable scholarship, accuracy, and outstanding illustrations and photos. This book for biology, microbiology, and other science majors balances cutting edge research with the concepts essential for understanding the field of microbiology, including strong coverage of ecology, evolution, and metabolism.
The Fourteenth Edition seamlessly integrates the most current science, paying particular attention to molecular biology and how the genomic revolution has changed and is changing the field. This edition offers a streamlined, modern organization with a consistent level of detail and updated, visually compelling art program.
Brock Biology of Microorganisms is designed to:
- Focus on todays learners: Research-based activities, case studies, and engaging activities improve students ability to solve problems and make connections between concepts.
- Teach tough topics with superior art and animations: Outstanding animations, illustrations, and micrographs enable students to understand difficult microbiology concepts and processes.
- Personalize learning: MasteringMicrobiology coaches students through the toughest microbiology topics. Engaging tools help students visualize, practice, and understand crucial content.
This package includes MasteringMicrobiology, an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with your Pearson text to personalize learning and improve results. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts.
Students, this title is available with or without MasteringMicrobiology. Contact your instructor for the correct ISBNs. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Fler böcker av Michael T Madigan
Bloggat om Brock Biology of Microorganisms OLP with ...
I. THE FOUNDATIONS OF MICROBIOLOGY
1. Microorganisms and Microbiology
2. Microbial Cell Structure and Function
3. Nutrition, Culture, and Metabolism
4. Molecular Microbiology
5. Microbial Growth and Growth Control
II. GENOMICS, GENETICS, AND VIROLOGY
6. Microbial Genomics
7. Metabolic Regulation
8. Genetics of Bacteria and Archaea
9. Viruses and Virology
10. Genomics and Phylogeny of Viruses
11. Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
III. METABOLIC AND MICROBIAL DIVERSITY
12. Metabolic Diversity of Bacteria and Archaea
13. Microbial Evolution and Systematics
14. Phylogenetic Diversity of Bacteria
15. Functional and Ecological Diversity of Bacteria
16. Diversity of Archaea
17. Diversity of Microbial Eukarya
IV. MICROBIAL ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY
18. Tools of the Microbial Ecologist
19. Microbial Ecosystems
20. Nutrient Cycles in Nature
21. Microbiology of the Built Environment
22. Microbial Symbioses
V. PATHOGENICITY AND IMMUNOLOGY
23. Microbial Interactions with Humans
24. Principles of Immunology and Host Defense
25. Immune Mechanisms
26. Molecular Immunology
27. Clinical Microbiology and Immunology
VI. INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND THEIR TRANSMISSION
29. Person-to-Person Bacterial and Viral Diseases
30. Vectorborne and Soilborne Bacterial and Viral Diseases
31. Common Source Diseases: Food and Water
32. Fungal and Parasitic Diseases