- Mixed media product
- Karp, Karen S.
- Antal komponenter
- Paperback (1)
Du kanske gillar
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, plus Pearson MyLab Programming with Pearson eText, Global Edition
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
This package includes Pearson Pearson MyLab Education.
Guide teachers to help all PreK-8 learners make sense of mathematics
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally illustrates how children learn mathematics, and then shows pre-service teachers the most effective methods of teaching PreK-8 math through hands-on, problem-based activities.
As teacher candidates engage with the activities, they boost their own knowledge of the math and learn concrete, developmentally appropriate ways to incorporate problem-based tasks in their classrooms. Examples of real student work and new common challenges and misconception tables allow readers to visualize good mathematics instruction and assessment that supports and challenges all learners. An important reference to consult throughout a teaching career, this book reflects the Common Core State Standards and NCTMs Principles to Actions, as well as current research and coverage of the latest teaching technology.
Reach every student by pairing this text with Pearson Pearson MyLab Education
MyLab is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Pearson MyLab Education should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Please be sure you have the correct ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (A Hunger Ga... av Suzanne Collins (inbunden).Köp båda 2 för 828 kr
Fler böcker av John A Van De Walle
Bloggat om Elementary and Middle School Mathematics:...
Section I: Teaching Mathematics: Foundations and Perspectives
1. Teaching Mathematics in the 21st Century
2. Exploring What It Means to Know and Do Mathematics
3. Teaching through Problem Solving
4. Planning in the Problem-Based Classroom
5. Creating Assessments for Learning
6. Teaching Mathematics Equitably to All Students
Section II: Development of Mathematical Concepts and Procedures
7. Developing Early Number Concepts and Number Sense
8. Developing Meanings for the Operations
9. Developing Basic Fact Fluency
10. Developing Whole-Number Place-Value Concepts
11. Developing Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Computation
12. Developing Strategies for Multiplication and Division Computation
13. Algebraic Thinking, Equations, and Functions
14. Developing Fraction Concepts
15. Developing Fraction Operations
16. Developing Decimal and Percent Concepts and Decimal Computation
17. Ratios, Proportions, and Proportional Reasoning
18. Developing Measurement Concepts
19. Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts
20. Developing Concepts of Data Analysis
21. Exploring Concepts of Probability
22. Developing Concepts of Exponents, Integers, and Real Numbers
Appendix A. Standards for Mathematical Practice A-1
Appendix B. NCTM Mathematics Teaching Practices: from Principles to Actions A-5
Appendix C. Guide to Blackline Masters A-7
Appendix D. Activities at a Glance A-13