- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Harvard Business School Press
- 215 x 146 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 362 g
Du kanske gillar
Employees First, Customers Second
Turning Conventional Management Upside Down
Laddas ned direkt419
One such idea - putting employees first and customers second - sparked a revolution at HCL Technologies, the IT services giant.
In this candid and personal account, Vineet Nayar - HCLT's celebrated CEO - recounts how he defied the conventional wisdom that companies must put customers first, then turned the hierarchical pyramid upside down by making management accountable to the employees, and not the other way around.
By doing so, Nayar fired the imagination of both employees and customers and set HCLT on a journey of transformation that has made it one of the fastest-growing and profitable global IT services companies and according to BusinessWeek, one of the twenty most influential companies in the world.
Chapter by chapter, Nayar recounts the exciting journey of how he and his team implemented the employee first philosophy by:
- Creating a sense of urgency by enabling the employees to see the truth of the company's current state as well as feel the "romance" of its possible future state
- Creating a culture of trust by pushing the envelope of transparency in communication and information sharing
- Inverting the organizational hierarchy by making the management and the enabling functions accountable to the employee in the value zone
- Unlocking the potential of the employees by fostering an entrepreneurial mind-set, decentralizing decision making, and transferring the ownership of "change" to the employee in the value zone
Refreshingly honest and practical, this book offers valuable insights for managers seeking to realize their aspirations to grow faster and become self-propelled engines of change.
Fler böcker av Vineet Nayar
Zuerst der Mitarbeiter, dann der Kunde Stellen Siedas konventionelle Management auf den Kopf
Was ist das Erfolgsgeheimnis der indischen IT-Firma HCL Technologies? 2009 wurde HCLT von Hewitt Associates zur Nummer Eins der besten Arbeitgeber Indiens sowie zu einem der 25 besten Arbeitgeber Asiens erklart, und die BusinessWeek listete HCLT u...
Recensioner i media
"modern classic" - Financial Times<br>
Bloggat om Employees First, Customers Second
Vineet Nayar is the CEO of HCL Technologies Ltd., India's leading global IT Services Company. Fortune magazine called his leadership style"The World's Most Modern Management," and the London Business School labelled him "the leader of organizational innovation." IDC recognized him as having "the most cohesive and articulate vision" in the IT services sector.
Chapter 1: Mirror Mirror: Creating the Need for Change
Chapter 2: Trust Through Transparency: Creating a Culture of Change
Chapter 3: Inverting the Organizational Pyramid: Building a Structure for Change
Chapter 4: Recasting the Role of the CEO: Transferring the Responsibility for Change
Chapter Five: Find Understanding in Misunderstanding: Renewing the Cycle of Change