- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Illustrations, black and white
- 229 x 152 x 13 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 2:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 327 g
Du kanske gillar
The Hill We Climb
First Star I See Tonight
An Exploration of Wonder219Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.Finns även som
FIRST STAR I SEE TONIGHT is an intimate adventure with the sky and stars. This unique combination of prose, poetry, and art invites the reader to explore-in the company of an astronomer, poet, and artist-a night of wonder under the stars. The book can be thought of as an excursion into the earth's own shadow,
Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar359
from nightfall to dawn, including a liftoff into outer space and a perspective on the delights of our home planet. It is
structured in seven chaptrs:
* TWILIGHT ZONE, a time when our perceptions shift and we become
aware of a wider universe.
* MOONGLOW. Through all its phases, our little sister-planet, the moon, is a constant source of wonder.
* DEEP SKY. When the moon sets, the sky darkens and deepens, and
countless new objects come into view.
* ORION AND FRIENDS. Constellations help us make friends
with the stars.
* REACHING OUT. In our time we have truly begun to reach for the stars.
* THE HOME PLANET. From space, we look back on our earth and see, with more discerning eyes, its times, seasons, lights, shadows, and colors.
* GOOD NIGHT. Finally, even astronomers must go to bed.
Bridging the gulf that so often separates the sciences from the arts and humanities, FIRST STAR I SEE TONIGHT shows how the astrophysicist's space and the poet/artist's sky can be understood and appreciated at one and the same time. It is written for young and old readers alike, but always for the
young in heart. Author/poet Robert Eklund and illustrator/designer Virginia Hoge invite you to come along with them on a.
Descrambling the wonder
Outside and inside.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »