- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Murphy, Brian D.
- 234 x 190 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 536 g
Du kanske gillar
The Modem World
David J ChalmersInbunden
Spring Persistence with Hibernate419
Persistence is an important set of techniques and technologies for accessing and transacting data, and ensuring that data is mobile regardless of specific applications and contexts. In Java development, persistence is a key factor in enterprise, e-commerce, and other transaction-oriented applications.
- Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Today, the Spring framework is the leading out-of-the-box solution for enterprise Java developers; in it, you can find a number of Java Persistence solutions.
This book gets you rolling with fundamental Spring Framework 3 concepts and integrating persistence functionality into enterprise Java applications using Hibernate, the Java Persistence API (JPA) 2, and the Grails Object Relational Mapping tool, GORM.
- Covers core Hibernate fundamentals, demonstrating how the framework can be best utilized within a Spring application context
- Covers how to use and integrate JPA 2, found in the new Java EE 6 platform
- Covers how to integrate and use the new Grails persistence engine, GORM
What youll learn
- How to use Spring Persistence, including using persistence tools in Spring as well as choosing the best Java Persistence frameworks/tools outside of Spring
- How to work with Spring Framework features such as Inversion of Control (IoC), aspect-oriented programming (AOP), and more
- How to work with Spring JDBC, use declarative transactions with Spring, and reap the benefits of a lightweight persistence strategy
- How to work with Hibernate and integrate it into your Spring-based enterprise Java applications for transactions, data processing, and more
- How to integrate with legacy databases, as well as use best practices for developing web services and handling Hibernate proxies and lazy collections
- How to the integrate the Spring/Hibernate persistence tier with RIA technologies like Ajax and Flash
- How to integrate JPA for architecting a well-layered persistence tier in your enterprise Java application
- How to move a persistence tier into JPA
- How to use and integrate the Grails persistence framework, GORM, and how to leverage it within a standard Java Spring MVC application
Who this book is forThis book is ideal for developers interested in learning more about persistence framework options on the Java platform, as well as fundamental Spring concepts. Because the book covers several persistence frameworks, it is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about Spring or any of the frameworks covered. Lastly, this book covers advanced topics related to persistence architecture and design patterns, and is ideal for beginning developers looking to learn more in these areas.
Table of Contents
- Architecting Your Application with Spring, Hibernate, and Patterns
- Spring Basics
- Basic Application Setup...
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Paul Tepper Fisher first began working in technology at Johns Hopkins University, where he spent several years developing a distance learning application for neuroscience, while completing graduate school there. He has founded two technology start-ups: SmartPants Media, Inc., a software development company specializing in interactive multimedia technology; and dialmercury.com, which develops telephony applications using VoIP and Java. Paul was also manager of technology at Wired.com, where he lead the software development team for the on-line publications of Wired.com, webmonkey.com, and howto.wired.com, using Spring, Grails, and Java technology. Currently, Paul is director of engineering for a new music service at Lime Company, where he manages several development teams using agile methodologies. Comprised of client-side and server-side components developed using Java, the music service is designed for horizontal scalability and leverages cloud-computing to dynamically change the infrastructure size in response to load. You can read Paul s blog at http: //www.paultepperfisher.com. Paul lives in Brooklyn, New York.
* Architecting Your Application with Spring, Hibernate, and Patterns * Spring Basics * Basic Application Setup * Persistence with Hibernate * Domain Model Fundamentals * DAOs and Querying * Transaction Management * Effective Testing * Best Practices and Advanced Techniques * Integration Frameworks * GORM and Grails * Spring Roo