- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- 1 New ed
- APRESS ACADEMIC
- Miller, Avi / McCune, Jeffrey
- black & white illustrations
- 234 x 190 x 23 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 3:B&W 7.5 x 9.25 in or 235 x 191 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 590 g
Du kanske gillar
Pro Puppet is an in-depth guide to installing, using, and developing the popular configuration management tool Puppet. The book is a comprehensive follow-up to the previous title Pulling Strings with Puppet. Puppet provides a way to automate everything from user management to server configuration. You'll learn how to create Puppet recipes, extend Puppet, and use Facter to gather configuration data from your servers.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Puppet is a must-have tool for system administrators, and Pro Puppet will teach you how to maximize its capabilities and customize it for your environment.
- Install and configure Puppet to immediately start automating tasks and create reporting solutions
- Learn insider tricks and techniques to better manage your infrastructure
- Become a Puppet expert!
What youll learn
- See how to install Puppet on a variety of platforms
- Learn how to manage infrastructure with Puppet
- Discover how to scale Puppet to suit small, medium, and large organizations
- Learn how to integrate Puppet with other tools such as Cucumber and Nagios
- Discover advanced Puppet techniques to make managing your environment easier
- Learn how to develop and extend Puppet to suit your environment
Who this book is forSystems administrators, implementers and systems integrators.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Puppet
- Building Hosts with Puppet
- Working with Environments
- Puppet Scalability
- Externalizing Puppet Configuration
- Exporting and Storing Configuration
- Puppet Consoles: Dashboard and The Foreman
- Tools and Integration
- Reporting with Puppet
- Extending Facter and Puppet
- Marionette Collective
- Working with Puppet
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av författarna
James Turnbull is the author of five technical books about open source software and a longtime member of the open source community. James authored the first and second books about Puppet, and works for Puppet Labs, running client services. James speaks regularly at conferences including OSCON, Linux.conf.au, FOSDEM, OpenSourceBridge, DevOpsDays and a number of others. He is a past president of Linux Australia, has run Linux.conf.au and serves on the program committee of Linux.conf.au and OSCON. James is Australian but currently lives in Portland, Oregon. His interests include cooking, wine, political theory, photojournalism, philosophy, and most recently the Portland Timbers association football team.
Getting Started with Puppet
Building Hosts with Puppet
Working with Environments
Externalizing Puppet Configuration
Exporting and Storing Configuration
Puppet Consoles: Dashboard and The Foreman
Tools and Integration
Reporting with Puppet
Extending Facter and Puppet
Working with Puppet