- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- 2 New ed
- Osborne, Kerry / Sands, Robyn
- black & white illustrations
- 228 x 190 x 31 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 997 g
Du kanske gillar
Pro Oracle SQL
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Karen Morton has updated the content for Oracle version 12c and helps you master powerful aspects of Oracle SQL from the inside-out. Youll learn analytic functions, the MODEL clause, and advanced grouping syntaxfeatures thatwill helpin creating good queries for reporting and business intelligence applications. Pro Oracle SQL, Second Editionalso helps you minimize parsing overhead, read execution plans, test for correct results, understand performance management, and exert control over SQL execution in your database. Youll learn when to create indexes, how to verify that they make a difference, how to use SQL Baselines and Profiles to optimize and stabilize SQL execution plans, and much more. Youllalso understandhow SQL is optimized for working in sets, and that the key to getting accurate results lies in making sure that queries ask clear and precise questions.
Pro Oracle SQL, Second Editionhelps you work at a truly professional level in the Oracle dialect of SQL. Youll master the language, the tools to work effectively with the language, and the right way to think about a problem in SQL.
- Endorsed by the OakTable Network, a group of Oracle technologists well-known for their rigorous and scientific approach to Oracle Database performance
- Comprehensivegoes beyond the language with a focus on what you need to know to write successful queries and data manipulation statements.
- Performance focusedteaches you how to measure the performance of your SQL statements and not just the syntax.
What youll learn
- Master powerful SQL features implemented in the Oracle Database
- Understand how the Oracle Optimizer develops execution plans
- Read and interpret SQL execution plans
- Quickly diagnose and fix badly performing SQL
- Control execution plans through hints, profiles, and plan baselines
- Optimize queries within packaged applications without touching the code
- Recognize when not to waste time on SQL that is performing optimally
Who this book is forPro Oracle SQL, Second Editionis aimed at developers and database administrators who submit SQL for execution by an Oracle database. Readers should already know the basic four SQL statements, and be ready to learn deeply about Oracles specific implementation of the language, including Oracle-specific features and syntax. Readers should also want to l...
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Expert PL/SQL Practices: For Oracle Developers ... av Michael Rosenblum, Dominic Delmolino, Lewis Cunningham, Riyaj Shamsudeen, Connor McDonald (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1338 kr
Bloggat om Pro Oracle SQL
Karen Morton is a consultant and educator specializing in application optimization in both shoulder-to-shoulder consulting engagements and classroom settings. She is a Senior Technical Consultant for Enkitec. For more than 20 years, Karen has worked in information technology. Starting as a mainframe programmer and developer, she has been a database administrator, a data architect and now is a researcher, educator and consultant. Having used Oracle since the early 90s, she began teaching others how to use Oracle over a decade ago. Karen is a frequent speaker at conferences and user groups, an Oracle ACE, and a member of the OakTable network (an informal association of "Oracle scientists" that are well known throughout the Oracle community). She blogs at karenmorton.blogspot.com.
* Core SQL * SQL Execution * Access and Join Methods * SQL is About Sets * It's About the Question * SQL Execution Plans * Advanced Grouping * Analytic Functions * The Model Clause * Subquery Factoring * Semi-joins and Anti-joins * Indexes * Beyond the SELECT * Transaction Processing * Testing and Quality Assurance * Plan Stability * Plan Management/Control * Cool SQL Constructs