Fler böcker inom
- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Outskirts Press
- Illustrations, black and white
- 216 x 140 x 10 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 244 g
Du kanske gillar
The Sassamon Circle139
Could our early American history have been much different?
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
- Köp nu, betala sen med
John Sassamon was a Wompanoag Indian who lived in southeastern Massachusetts and died under mysterious circumstances in January of 1675. Sassamon was a "Praying Indian," an Indian who could communicate in English as well as various native dialects and, as such, found himself operating in two separate but adjacent cultures. The Sassamon Circle examines the inherent tensions and conflicts that arose between the English and Indian populations during the first fifty years after the arrival of the Pilgrims' tensions that led directly to Sassamon's death and culminated with King Philip's War.
Cover art by Janelle Krone.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Louis Garafalo