- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Softcover reprint of hardcover 2nd ed. 1998
- Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- 38 Tables, black and white; 212 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 483 p. 212 illus.
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Paperback / softback
Du kanske gillar
Science and Engineering
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Fler böcker av Krishan Kumar Chawla
Recensioner i media
From the reviews: "... Well-organized, up-to-date, informative ... filled with useful tables, graphs, references, suggested readings, and illustrations. The book is well designed for its intended market ..." American Scientist From reviews of the first edition: "covers polymer, metal, and ceramic matrix composites in a well-organized, up-to-date manner. It is filled with useful tables, graphs, references, suggested readings and illustrations." -- American Scientist "Overall, this is an excellent book for composite materials research. It can be used as a text book for undergraduate seniors,... and as a reference book for engineers." -- Applied Mechanics Review MRS BULLETIN "Prof. Chawla has attempted the formidable task of including essentially all types of fiber composite materials and their properties in a single text. By employing an economic writing style and carefully selected references, figures, and suggested readings, he has successfully produced a relatively short but thorough 292-page book...Clear, concise, and complete, this book is an excellent up-to-date introduction to fiber composite materials. I would recommend it for a first course in composite materials at the advanced undergraduate or first-year graduate level. It is also valuable for the practicing engineer or scientist who wishes to become familiar with the growing field of fiber composites." SAMPE JOURNAL "Readers will find this valuable text to be current, well-written and lucid. In addition each chapter contains many references and suggested reading material." IEEE ELECTRICAL INSULATION MAGAZINE "This book covers thoroughly the broad base of composites. The book is divided into three parts and twelve chapters, plus a very useful set of appendices and problems." CHOICE MAGAZINE "...he uses a conversational style often more intuitive than that used in other works...useful as a course supplement, or as a resource for students already exposed to the subject via a more traditional approach...In summary, a valuable addition to an undergraduate library collection."
Bloggat om Composite Materials
1. Introduction; 2. Reinforcements; 3. Matrix Materials; 4. Interfaces; 5. Polymer Matrix Composites; 6. Metal Matrix Composites; 7. Ceramic Matrix Composites; 8. Carbon Fiber Composites; 9. Multifilimentary Superconducting Composites; 10. Micromechanics of Composites; 11. Macromechanics of Composites; 12. Monotonic Strength and Fracture; 13. Fatigue and Creep; 14. Designing with Composites; Appendices