- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
- Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Peterson, Douglas E. (ed.), Sonis, Stephen T. (ed.)
- XV, 186 p.
- 229 x 152 x 11 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Paperback / softback
- 286 g
Du kanske gillar
The 5 AM Club
Oral Complications of Cancer Chemotherapy1609Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.This new work on oral complications of cancer chemotherapy is edited by two dentists who have made pioneering contributions in this previously neglected area. Their efforts have established the invaluable role of the dentist in oncologic research and cancer patient management. The editors have collected nine chapters that will be of interest to dentists and dental hygienists, oncology nurses, and all physicians treating cancer patients with chemo therapeutic agents. Background chapters on oral complications of cancer chemotherapy, the pharmacology of chemotherapeutic agents, and principles of infection management and prevention set the stage for more specific chapters focusing on prevention and treatment of chemotherapy induced oral and dental disorders. Valuable contributions to the supportive care of the cancer patient are contained in this book. A full comprehension of this book, coupled with an appreciation for advances in other areas of supportive care, such as antiemetic therapy and pain control, will allow all those involved in cancer treatment to be more successful. Peter H. Wiernik, M.D. Emil Frei, M.D.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
1. Epidemiology, Frequency, Distribution, Mechanisms, and Histopathology.- 2. Pharmacology of Chemotherapeutic Agents.- 3. Principles of Infection Management and Prevention.- 4. Oral Microbial Changes and Infections during Cancer Chemotherapy.- 5. Bacterial Infections: Periodontal and Dental Disease.- 6. Oral Complications of Bone-Marrow Transplantation.- 7. Dental Management of Patients Receiving Chemotherapy.- 8. Guidelines for Oral Hygiene, Denture Care, and Nutrition in Patients with Oral Complications.- 9. Establishment of a Comprehensive Oral Oncology Program: Services, Facilities, and Management.