- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- SAGE Publications, Inc
- Creswell, J. David
- 260 x 180 x 20 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 500 g
Du kanske gillar
Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches559Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.This best-selling text pioneered the comparison of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research design. For all three approaches, John W. Creswell and new co-author J. David Creswell include a preliminary consideration of philosophical assumptions, key elements of the research process, a review of the literature, an assessment of the use of theory in research applications, and reflections about the importance of writing and ethics in scholarly inquiry.
New to this Edition:
- Updated discussion on designing a proposal for a research project and on the steps in designing a research study
- Additional content on epistemological and ontological positioning in relation to the research question and chosen methodology and method
- Additional updates on the transformative worldview
- Expanded coverage on specific approaches such as case studies, participatory action research, and visual methods
- Additional information about qualitative and quantitative data analysis, social media, online qualitative methods, and mentoring and reflexivity in qualitative methods
- Incorporation of action research and program evaluation in mixed methods and coverage of the latest advances in the mixed methods field
- Additional information about causality and its relationship to statistics in quantitative methods
- Incorporation of writing discussion sections into each of the three methodologies
An invaluable guide for students and researchers across the social and behavioural sciences.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av John W Creswell
Bloggat om Research Design
John W. Creswell, PhD, is a professor of family medicine and codirector of the Michigan Mixed Methods Research and Scholarship Program at the University of Michigan. He has authored numerous articles and 28 books on mixed methods research, qualitative research, and research design. While at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, he held the Clifton Endowed Professor Chair, served as director of a mixed methods research office, founded SAGEs Journal of Mixed Methods Research, and was an adjunct professor of family medicine at the University of Michigan and a consultant to the Veterans Administration health services research center. He was a Senior Fulbright Scholar to South Africa in 2008 and to Thailand in 2012. In 2011, he co-led a national working group on mixed methods practices at the National Institutes of Health, served as a visiting professor at Harvards School of Public Health, and received an honorary doctorate from the University of Pretoria, South Africa. In 2014, he was the president of the Mixed Methods International Research Association. In 2015, he joined the staff of family medicine at the University of Michigan. John has been teaching research methods courses for the past 40 years. Visit him at his website: johnwcreswell.com.
Analytic Contents of Research Techniques Preface Companion Website Acknowledgments About the Authors PART I PRELIMINARY CONSIDERATIONS Chapter 1 The Selection of a Research Approach Chapter 2 Review of the Literature Chapter 3 The Use of Theory Chapter 4 Writing Strategies and Ethical Consideration PART II DESIGNING RESEARCH Chapter 5 The Introduction Chapter 6 The Purpose Statement Chapter 7 Research Questions and Hypotheses Chapter 8 Quantitative Methods Chapter 9 Qualitative Methods Chapter 10 Mixed Methods Procedures Glossary References Author Index Subject Index