- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Hart Publishing
- Ballin, Ernst Hirsch / Somsen, Han
- black & white illustrations
- 234 x 156 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 520 g
Du kanske gillar
What Form of Government for the European Union and the Eurozone?
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Recensioner i media
All of these contributions are thought-provoking and provide a much-needed theoretical perspective...the book is essential reading for all private law scholars. * Professional Negligence * The great value of the book...resides in the total freedom of thought the authors of the contributions included in this publication display: the idea and reflections exposed in these pages are extremely diverse... * Agence Europe * ENDORSEMENT The volume at hand offers a broad overview of the changes that occurred in the last years, offering a reliable plan of the post-crisis EU architecture and an indispensable guide for thinking about its future. * Common Market Law * The contributors have managed to present these knotty issues in a clear and refined manner. This is one of the major strength of the volume which constitutes a valid point of reference for scholars and policy-makers interested in the debate on the challenges the EU and the EMU are facing. * European Journal of Legal Studies *
Bloggat om What Form of Government for the European ...
Federico Fabbrini is Associate Professor of European and International Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen. Ernst Hirsch Ballin is Professor of Dutch and European Constitutional Law at Tilburg University. Han Somsen is Professor of European Law at Tilburg University.
1. Introduction: A New Look at the Form of Government of the European Union and the Eurozone Federico Fabbrini, Ernst Hirsch Ballin and Han Somsen Part I: The Euro-crisis and Institutional Change 2. The Financial Crisis, the EU Institutional Order and Constitutional Responsibility 17 Paul Craig 3. The Governance Framework of the Eurozone and the Need for a Treaty Reform Christian Calliess 4. Intergovernmentalism and the New Framework of EMU Governance Georgios Maris and Pantelis Sklias Part II: The Governance of Economic, Monetary and Financial Affairs 5. The Confusion of Tasks in the Decision-Making Process of the European Economic Governance Alexandre de Streel 6. Constitutional Changes in Euro Government and the Relationship Between the ECB and the Executive Power in the Union Thomas Beukers 7. The Single Supervisory Mechanism: Building the New Top-Down Cooperative Supervisory Governance in Europe Gianni LO Schiavo Part III: Democracy: Representation, Participation and Accountability 8. Is the EU a Representative Democracy ? The Normative Debate and the Impact of the Euro-crisis Simona Piattoni 9. Participatory Democracy in Europe: Article 11 TEU and the Legitimacy of the European Union Christian Marxsen 10. Democratic Accountability of EU Executive Power: A Reform Agenda for Parliaments Deirdre Curtin Part IV: The Parliamentarisation of the EU and its Critics 11. Towards a New Constitutional Architecture in the EU? R Daniel Kelemen 12. Enhancing European Democracy in Times of Crisis? - The Proposal to Politicise the Election of the European Commission's President Carlino Antpoehler 13. In the Image of State: Constitutional Complexities of Engineering a European Democracy Anna Kocharov Part V: New Institutional Developments 14. New Intergovernmentalism: The European Council and its President Uwe Puetter 15. Inter-Parliamentary Cooperation and its Challenges:The Case of Economic and Financial Governance Valentin Kreilinger 16. From Executive Federalism to Executive Government: Current Problems and Future Prospects in the Governance of EMU Federico Fabbrini