- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- SAGE Publications Ltd
- Volcic, Zala / Gallois, Cindy
- 241 x 190 x 31 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 907 g
Du kanske gillar
Introducing Intercultural Communication
Global Cultures and Contexts
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
- A student-friendly structure with enhanced signposting to guide students through the book.
- Expanded coverage of ethics, digital communication and social media.
- A brand new set of international case studies to tie theory to real-world practices, including the European refugee crisis, Chinese food culture and Barbie dolls and beauty.
- A suite of student-friendly learning features, including ?Do it!? activity boxes, chapter summaries and applications of key theories in ?Theory Corner?.
- Links to further reading and SAGE Video to help understanding.
- A host of online resources to reinforce students' learning, including multiple choice quizzes, discussion questions and exercises.
Introducing Intercultural Communication is the ideal guide to becoming a critical consumer of information and an effective global citizen. It should be required reading for students in media and communications, business and management, linguistics and beyond.
Fler böcker av Shuang Liu
Recensioner i media
This is an exceptionally versatile textbook. It is easily accessible for students, covering a wide range of areas of and approaches to intercultural communication. The articulated focus on discourse and various areas related to language study (such as intercultural pragmatics) make this book stand out from similar texts. With highly relevant case studies and thought-provoking tasks, this is a key resource to equip undergraduates with a global mindset and those all-important people skills necessary in today’s workplaces.
Bloggat om Introducing Intercultural Communication
Chapter 1 Challenges of Living in a Global Society Chapter 2 Understanding Culture Chapter 3 Understanding Communication Chapter 4 Mass Media and Cultural Change Chapter 5 Perception and Culture Chapter 6 Cultural and Value Orientations Chapter 7 Identities and Subgroups Chapter 8 Verbal Communication and Culture Chapter 9 Nonverbal Communication and Culture Chapter 10 Immigration and Acculturation Chapter 11 Developing Relationships with Culturally Different Others Chapter 12 Managing Intercultural Conflicts Chapter 13 Becoming an Effective Intercultural Communicator