- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- 2nd ed.
- Media Visions Press
- Paine, Thomas (original author)
- Black & white illustrations
- 216 x 140 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 427 g
Du kanske gillar
48 Laws of Power
Can't Hurt Me
The Creative Act
8 Rules Of Love
Making Global Sense
Grounded Hope for democracy inspired by Thomas Paine's Common Senseav Judah Freed264
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar385
The cause of global awakening is the cause of all humankind.
IN THESE TRYING TIMES of climate change when authoritarian nations outnumber democracies, our best hope for freedom and a sustainable future is seeing our global oneness - and taking action. Making Global Sense reports that more than a billion of us on earth are aware of our connectivity. We're inventing a global sense movement, building critical mass for a global shift into enlightened democracy.
Award-winning author Judah Freed finds inspiration in Common Sense by Thomas Paine. Where Paine in 1776 opposed injustice from monarchy and hereditary succession, Freed opposes ancient alpha male rule and authority addiction, instead advocating mindful self rule and personal democracy. Where Paine urged revolution, Freed urges evolution. Weaving essay and memoir, Making Global Sense revives ideals from the 18th century Enlightenment to champion our 21st century enlightenment, now!
More information https://GlobalSense.com
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Recensioner i media
"thomas paine rallied americans to a new sense of themselves and their possibilities. judah freed does likewise for citizens of the planet."
- Bill McKibben, author, The End of Nature, Deep Economy, Falter; founder, 350.org; organizer, Global Climate March.
"judah freed has taken the gauntlet from thomas paine and other great innovators of democracy to guide us toward the evolution of democracy itself. Making Global Sense is a vital and wonderful book, well written and inspired by the very same passion that founded this country, and can carry the world into the next era of evolution."
- Barbara Marx Hubbard, author, Conscious Evolution; founder, Foundation for Conscious Evolution. (she saw draft)
"Making Global Sense is at once vast and tangible, disturbing and inspiring. The book conveys both a penetrating diagnosis and a galvanizing vision of possibility."
- Ocean Robbins, cofounder and CEO, Food Revolution Network; author, Transform Your World.
"Making Global Sense is a breakthrough book for people who care about their social and environmental impact in the world. The book offers us real hope when we need it most."
- John Mackey, co-founder of Whole Foods Market; co-author with Rajendra Sisodia, Conscious Capitalism.
"Making Global Sense by Judah Freed is truly a masterpiece. He is the first to sense the whole, to track the future of our planet in terms of the bio-psycho-socio-spiritual dynamics that are now waking up. Freed provides humanity with the insights and tools to survive and prosper."
- Don E. Beck, PhD, cofounder and co-author with Christopher Cowan, Spiral Dynamics.
"Making Global Sense is compelling in its ideas and wonderful in its personal elements!"
- Herb Goldberg, PhD, author, The New Male; The Hazards of Being Male; What Men Still Don't Know.
"judah freed has written the only book i know that recognizes the need to face issues like alpha male rule, authority addiction, and the absurdity of sacrificing liberty for a false sense of security. judah tells the truth with clarity, passion and humor."
- Jed Diamond, author, MenAlive; Warrior's Journey Home.
"in a thought-provoking book, judah freed holds an unflinching mirror up to human nature and offers a blueprint for the spirit and substance we will need to survive and thrive on planet earth long into the future."
- Terry Tamminen, author, Lives Per Gallon; former Secretary, California Environmental Protection Agency.
"the book is clear-eyed and novel. judah freed charts a path towards greener and more responsi...
JUDAH FREED is a journalist, author, speaker, and consultant based in Colorado. His books have earned two Nautilus Book Awards and a Benjamin Franklin Book Award. Entering journalism in 1976, he worked a decade covering Denver and Colorado. For the next two decades, he wrote for the top U.S. and European media trade magazines, pioneering coverage of interactive TV and the internet, drawing calls to speak on four continents. He next moved to Hawaii, working a decade editing Kauai newspapers and magazines. Today, he's back in Denver, working for a news service, writing books.Judah earned a 1988 double BA in communication and journalism through the University Without Walls program at Loretto Heights College (Regis). Through the Individualized MA program at Antioch University, he researched rhetoric, organizational culture and public communication.
INTRODUCTION: Making Sense of Global Life
PREAMBLE: A Tale of Liberty Lost
PART I: Our Global Awakening
2. shadow forces
3. the global sense movement
4. common global sense
5. sense and insanity
6. split perceptions
7. absurdities and atrocities
PART II: Kings and Other Masters
8. alpha male rule
9. authority addiction
10. money and power
PART III: Thoughts on the State of World Affairs
11. the hazards of autocracy
12. clear and present dangers
13. finding our courage
PART IV: Our Ability to Change the World
14. personal and social transformation
15. gender equality and new men
16. a rebirth of democracy
17. begin the world anew
EPILOGUE: Liberty Found