- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2018
- Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- Salamon, Lester M. / Sivesind, Karl Henrik
- 22 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 196 p. 22 illus.
- 210 x 148 x 11 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Paperback / softback
- 259 g
Du kanske gillar
The Third Sector as a Renewable Resource for Europe
Concepts, Impacts, Challenges and Opportunities329
This book provides a critical account of the third sector and its future in Europe. It offers an original conceptualization of the third sector in its European manifestations alongside an overview of its major contours, including its structure, sources of support, and recent trends. It also assesses the impact of this sector in Europe which considers its contributions to European economic development, citizen well-being and human development. The Third Sector As A Renewable Resource for Europe presents the findings of the Third Sector Impact (TSI) project funded by the European Union's Seventh Framework Program (FP7). It recognises that in a time of social and economic distress, as well as enormous pressures on governmental budgets, the third sector and volunteering represent a unique 'renewable resource' for social and economic problem-solving and civic engagement in Europe.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Bernard Enjolras is Research Professor and Director of the Center for Research on Civil Society and Voluntary Sector in Norway Lester M. Salamon is a Professor at the Johns Hopkins University, USA and Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Civil Society Studies Karl Henrik Sivesind is Research Professor at the Institute for Social Research, Norway Annette Zimmer is Professor of Social Policy and Comparative Politics and Lead Researcher for Third Sector Impact work at Munster University, Germany
1. Introduction .- 2. Beyond Nonprofits: In Search of the Third Sector .- 3. The Size and Composition of the European Third Sector .- 4. The Roles and Impacts of the Third Sector in Europe .- 5. Barriers to Third Sector Development .- 6. The Road Ahead: A Policy Agenda for the Third Sector in Europe.