- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- 1st ed. 2020
- Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- 23 Illustrations, color; 2 Illustrations, black and white; XXIV, 127 p. 25 illus., 23 illus. in colo
- 234 x 156 x 10 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Hardback
- 390 g
Du kanske gillar
Atlas Of The Heart
A Philosophical View of the Ocean and Humanity359
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
This book is about the ocean and about the future. It is written in two modes, a concerned analytical scientific mode and an intuitive artistic mode in which the ocean is given a voice. The disconnect in the relationship between human dependency on and feelings about the ocean is examined in a dialogue between these two modes. The book illustrates how science and the arts can be connected to increase our awareness of the state of the ocean and support behavioural change. This book is intended for everyone who would like to contribute to the sustainable use of the ocean. Includes forewords by Alice Newton, University of Algarve, Portugal and Martin Visbeck, GEOMAR, Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research, Kiel, Germany.
Laddas ned direkt359
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Guide to Process Based Modeling of Lakes and Co... av Anders Omstedt (inbunden).Köp båda 2 för 1888 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Anders Omstedt
Anders Omstedt is a professor emeritus at the University of Gothenburg, Department of Marine Sciences: Oceanography. His main focus has been on examining the ocean climate and ice-covered water bodies, particularly in coastal seas and lakes. He was a part-time scientific coordinator at the Swedish Institute for the Marine Environment for five years, and previously held various positions at the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute. He also has substantial experience working with dreams and is an approved dream group leader certified by the Swedish Dream Group Forum. Anders Omstedt has written about 250 articles, books and book chapters, more than 100 of which have been published in reviewed international journals and books. His professional experience includes serving as project/scientific leader for numerous research programs, reviewer and guest editor, chairman and convener, invited speaker, and as a member of various international professional associations and working groups.
1. Introduction.- 2. An Attempt to Connect to the Ocean.- 3. Knowledge in Science and the Arts.- 4. Ice and Curiosity.- 5. Stratification, turbulence and Services.- 6. Currents, Circulation and Vulnerability.- 7. Heat Balance, Water Tempertaure and Interpretations. 8. Water Balance, Salinity and Belonging.- 9. Oxygen, Life and Partnership.- 10. Plankton and Courage.- 11. Ecosystems and Listening.- 12. Non-living Ocean Resources and Hope.- 13. Human Interaction and Vision.- 14. Climate Change, Human Influence and Harmony.- 15. Scenarios, the Future, and Simplicity.- 16. Reconnecting to the Ocean.- 17. Orchestration.