- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2017
- Springer International Publishing AG
- 2 Illustrations, black and white; IX, 269 p. 2 illus.
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Paperback / softback
Du kanske gillar
Complementarity Beyond Physics
Niels Bohr's Parallels
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar959
Fler böcker av Arun Bala
The Dialogue of Civilizations in the Birth of Modern Science
Arun Bala challenges Eurocentric conceptions of history by showing how Chinese, Indian, Arabic, and ancient Egyptian ideas in philosophy, mathematics, cosmology and physics played an indispensable role in making possible the birth of modern science.
Asia, Europe, and the Emergence of Modern Science
This volume brings together essays from leading thinkers to examine what role Asian traditions of knowledge played in the rise of modern science in Europe, the implications this has for the epistemology of science, and whether pre-modern Asian tra...
Bloggat om Complementarity Beyond Physics
Arun Bala is a physicist and philosopher of science. He is the author of The Dialogue of Civilizations in the Birth of Modern Science, the editor of Asia, Europe and the Emergence of Modern Science, and co-editor of The Bright Dark Ages: Comparative and Connective Perspectives. He has held teaching and visiting positions at the National University of Singapore as well as the University of Toronto, Western University, and Dalhousie University, Canada.
1. Complementarity Beyond Physics 2. Biological Complementarity of the Molecular and Functional 3. Psychological Complementarity of Spectator and Actor 4. Anthropological Complementarity of the Natural and Cultural 5. Complementarity and Unity of Knowledge