- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Joenniemi, Pertti (ass. ed.)/Eskelinen, Heikki (ass. ed.)/Peschel, Karin (ass. ed.)/Stalvant, Carl-Einar (ass. ed.)/Joenniemi, Pertti (ass. ed.)/Eskelinen, Heikki (ass. ed.)/Peschel, Karin (ass. ed.)/Stalvant, Carl-Einar (ass. ed.)/Joenniemi, Pertti (ass. ed.)/Eskelinen, Heikki (ass. ed.)/Peschel, K
- 27 Tables, black and white; XIV, 498 p.
- 234 x 156 x 27 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Paperback / softback
- 722 g
Du kanske gillar
A Promised Land
The NEBI YEARBOOK 2003
North European and Baltic Sea Integration1149Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar.
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.Bjllrn Tore Godal Norwegian Ambassador to Germany Chairman of the Editorial Advisory Board Several of the contributions to the present volume of The NEBI Yearbook have been inspired by the fact that roughly speaking, ten years have passed since the first steps were taken to initiate cross-border co-operation in the Barents and Baltic Sea areas. One of the most important co-operative organisations in the European Northeast, i. e. The Council of the Baltic Sea States, was launched in 1992. The Barents Euro Arctic Council was established in 1993. An avalanche of co-operative and cross-border initiatives has since hit this part of Europe with all kinds of actors participating - states, regional and municipal authorities, univer sities, national organisations, businesses and private interests. Even international organisations and actors from outside the immediate NEBI area have taken a special interest in this dynamic part of the world. Among the most important is the European Union, whose Finnish-inspired Northern Dimension initiative has become a permanent fixture. As many of the chapters in NEBI 2003 testifY, integration in the NEB I area - across old political and ideological borders and cultural and socio-economic divides that are among the most pronounced anywhere in the world - has on the whole been a great success.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
1. The NEBI Area Ten Years Later.- I: ECONOMIC INTEGRATION.- 2. Knocking on the Door: The Baltic Rim Transition Countries Ready for Europe?.- 3. Poland's Incomplete Economic Transition.- 4. What Kind of Civil Service? Trends in Public Administration Reform in Eastern Europe.- 5. St Petersburg: A Rusian Gateway to Europe?.- 6. The Baltic Universities - Facing New Challenges.- 7. European Integration as a Process: The Case of Tartu University.- II: SPATIAL PLANNING AND THE ENVIRONMENT.- 8. Local Agenda 21 in the Baltic Sea Area: Ecological, Economic and Political Stability for Local Level Sustainable Development.- 9. The Role of Energy in the Northern Dimension.- 10. The Environmental Legacy of the Soviet Armed Forces in the Baltic States.- 11. Economic Co-operation in the Barents Region: Russian-Norwegian Trade in the Fishing Industry.- III: TRANSBORDER REGIONAL CO-OPERATION.- 12. Towards Interregional Partnership Prospects in the Baltic Sea Region.- 13. Picture of a 'New Europe' as Portrayed by Cross-Border Co-operation Initiatives.- 14. Technology Transfer and Innovation in the Baltic Sea Region - a Cross-Border Perspective.- 15. Euregio Karelia: In Search of a Relevant Space for Action.- 16. Results and Perspectives of Transnational Co-operation for Spatial Development in the Baltic Sea Region.- IV: POLITICAL INTEGRATION, TERRITORIAL GOVERNANCE AND SECURITY.- 17. Baltic Security After Ten Year.- 18. Towards a New Agenda? US, Russian and EU Policies in Northern Europe.- 19. Northern Foreign Policies: Tensions Between Canadian and American Visions - Past and Present.- 20. Environmental Co-operation as a Pilot Project for Regional Integration in the Baltic Sea Area.- 21. Threat Perception, Police Culture and Paranoia: The Case of the Russian Mafia Around the Baltic Sea.- NORTH EUROPEAN AND BALTIC STATISTICS.- List of Figures.- List of Tables.- About the Authors and Editors.