- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Stockholm University Press
- Adams, Matthew S.
- Black & white illustrations
- Antal komponenter
- 422:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Matte Lam
Du kanske gillar
Can't Hurt Me
Essays in Anarchism and Religion
Anarchism and religion have historically had an uneasy relationship. Indeed, representatives of both sides have regularly insisted on the fundamental incompatibility of anarchist and religious ideas and practices. Yet, ever since the emergence of anarchism as an intellectual and political movement, a considerable number of religious anarchists have insisted that their religious tradition necessarily implies an anarchist political stance. Reflecting both a rise of interest in anarchist ideas and activism on the one hand, and the revival of religious ideas and movements in the political sphere on the other, this multi-volume collection examines congruities and contestations between the two from a diverse range of academic perspectives.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
The third volume of Essays in Anarchism & Religion includes five essays focusing on particular individuals (Abraham Heyn, Leo Tolstoy, Herbert Read, Daniel Guérin and Martin Buber), one essay on the affinities between mysticism and anarchism, and one surveying the vast territory of ?spiritual anarchism?.
In a world where political ideas increasingly matter once more, and religion is an increasingly visible aspect of global political life, these essays offer scholarly analysis of overlooked activists, ideas and movements, and as such reveal the possibility of a powerful critique of contemporary global society.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Alexandre Christoyannopoulos
Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910), besides writing famous novels such as War and Peace, also wrote on political issues, especially later in his life, putting forward a political philosophy which might be termed 'Christian anarchism'. This book provides a co...
Christian anarchism has been around for at least as long as "secular" anarchism. Leo Tolstoy is its most famous proponent, but there are many others, such as Jacques Ellul, Vernard Eller, Dave Andrews or the people associated with the Ca...
Alexandre Christoyannopoulos is Senior Lecturer in Politics and International Relations at Loughbourough University Matthew S. Adams is Lecturer in Politics, History and Communication at Loughborough University
1. anarchism, religion, and the religiousness of political ideologies
Alexandre Christoyannopoulos & Matthew S. Adams
2. abraham heyn’s jewish anarcho-pacifism
3. tolstoy’s christian anarcho-pacifism: an exposition
4. community, communion, and communism: religion and spirituality in herbert read’s anarchism
Matthew S. Adams
5. revolution as redemption: daniel gurin, religion and spirituality
6. martin buber’s notion of grace as a defense of religious anarchism
7. contra externalisation: analogies between anarchism and mysticism
8. from benign anarchy to divine anarchy: a critical review of “spiritual anarchism”