- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Stockholm University Press
- Adams, Matthew S.
- Black & white illustrations
- Antal komponenter
- 422:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Matte Lam
Du kanske gillar
Essays in Anarchism and Religion
Fri frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
The third volume of Essays in Anarchism & Religion includes five essays focusing on particular individuals (Abraham Heyn, Leo Tolstoy, Herbert Read, Daniel Guérin and Martin Buber), one essay on the affinities between mysticism and anarchism, and one surveying the vast territory of ?spiritual anarchism?.
In a world where political ideas increasingly matter once more, and religion is an increasingly visible aspect of global political life, these essays offer scholarly analysis of overlooked activists, ideas and movements, and as such reveal the possibility of a powerful critique of contemporary global society.
Fler böcker av Alexandre Christoyannopoulos
Tolstoy's Political Thought
Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910), besides writing famous novels such as War and Peace, also wrote on political issues, especially later in his life, putting forward a political philosophy which might be termed 'Christian anarchism'. This book provides a co...
Christian anarchism has been around for at least as long as "secular" anarchism, but, until now, no generic study bringing together these different thinkers or reflecting on their contribution has been published. 350 pp.
Bloggat om Essays in Anarchism and Religion
Alexandre Christoyannopoulos is Senior Lecturer in Politics and International Relations at Loughbourough University Matthew S. Adams is Lecturer in Politics, History and Communication at Loughborough University
1. anarchism, religion, and the religiousness of political ideologies
Alexandre Christoyannopoulos & Matthew S. Adams
2. abraham heyn’s jewish anarcho-pacifism
3. tolstoy’s christian anarcho-pacifism: an exposition
4. community, communion, and communism: religion and spirituality in herbert read’s anarchism
Matthew S. Adams
5. revolution as redemption: daniel gurin, religion and spirituality
6. martin buber’s notion of grace as a defense of religious anarchism
7. contra externalisation: analogies between anarchism and mysticism
8. from benign anarchy to divine anarchy: a critical review of “spiritual anarchism”