- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- 1st ed. 2019
- Springer Verlag, Singapore
- 26 Illustrations, color; 2 Illustrations, black and white; VII, 130 p. 28 illus., 26 illus. in color
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Paperback / softback
Du kanske gillar
William B RouseInbunden
Advances in Membrane Proteins
Building, Signaling and Malfunctionav Yu Cao799
This book reviews recent advances regarding the biochemical and biophysical properties of membrane proteins and their applications in biomedicine. Divided into two thematic parts, this second volume addresses proteins' formation, signaling and malfunctions. It covers a number of important membrane proteins including receptors, cell adhesion molecules, single-transmembrane proteins and viral membrane proteins, and discusses their structures, functions, related diseases, and roles in drug discovery in detail. In turn, the book elucidates the lifecycle of membrane proteins, including their synthesis and facilitated folding process, as well as QC procedures for their production. Additional topics include fundamental concepts, the latest findings, and critical puzzles yet to be solved. Given its scope, the book will appeal to a broad readership in the field of membrane structural and functional biology. Junior scientists can use it as an introduction to the field, while advanced scientists will find a broader view of the field beyond their area of specialization.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Yu Cao
Ban Wong, Anurag Mittal, Yu Cao, Greg W Starr
Based on the authors' expansive collection of notes taken over the years, "Nano-CMOS Circuit and Physical Design" bridges the gap between physical and circuit design and fabrication processing, manufacturability, and yield. This innovati...
Dr. Yu Cao is a Professor at the Department of Orthopaedics and Institute of Precision Medicine, Shanghai Ninth People's Hospital, Shanghai and Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China.
1. Cell adhesion molecules and development.- 2. Receptors and signal transduction.- 3. Single-transmembrane proteins and antibody drugs.- 4. Viral membrane proteins.- 5. Biosynthesis and folding of oily peptide chains.- 6. Quality control in producing membrane proteins.