- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- SAGE Publications Ltd
- 235 x 155 x 10 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 280 g
Du kanske gillar
Narratives in Social Science Research
Fri frakt inom Sverige för privatpersoner.
- An historical overview of the development of the narrative approach within the social sciences
- A guide to how narrative methods can be applied in fieldwork
- An explanation of how to incorporate a narrative approach within a research project
- Guidelines for interpreting collected or produced narratives
- A student-focused approach - key arguments and methods are illustrated by case-studies and lists of further reading.
Written in an accessible and engaging manner, this detailed text will be a useful resource for researchers and students taking courses in qualitative research across a variety of social disciplines.
Fler böcker av Barbara Czarniawska
Bloggat om Narratives in Social Science Research
Barbara Czarniawska is Professor of Management Studies at GRI, School of Business, Economics and Law at University of Gothenburg, Sweden. Doctor honoris causa at Stockholm School of Economics, Copenhagen Business School and Helsinki School of Economics, she is a member of the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences, the Swedish Royal Engineering Academy, the Royal Society of Art and Sciences in Gothenburg and Societas Scientiarum Finnica. Czarniawska takes a feminist and constructionist perspective on organizing, recently exploring the connections between popular culture and practice of management, and the organization of the news production. She is interested in methodology, especially in techniques of fieldwork and in the application of narratology to organization studies.
The Narrative Turn in Social Studies How Stories Are Made Collecting Stories Narratives in an Interview Situation Reading Narratives Structural Analyses Close Readings Poststructuralism, Interruption, Deconstruction Reading Social Sciences Writing Social Sciences Narrativizing Social Sciences